Workplace violence (WPV) in healthcare organizations can lead to serious consequences that negatively affect nurses’ lives and patient care | International Emergency Nursing
- Nurses who experience WPV complain of mental and physical health problems.
- Nurses’ social and professional lives were affected negatively after facing WPV.
- WPV consequences negatively impact nurses and the entire healthcare organization.
- The serious consequences of WPV ultimately harm patient care.
- Preventing violence will ensure a safe workplace and safer patient care.
Full reference: Hassankhani, H. et al. (2017) The consequences of violence against nurses working in the emergency department: A qualitative study. International Emergency Nursing. Published online: 31 July 2017